Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Good Thing I'm Not a Planner


Ha. 

I had a plan. A really good one. Biggsy and I decided to take a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Creek last weekend. I needed it. I needed it like a crop needs rain. Like macaroni needs cheese. Like toast needs cinnamon. 

I needed to sit on the pier and read a book and soak up the sunshine and not talk to a soul for a least a day. I needed to recharge. I needed fresh air. 

And I had a plan. I thought I'd do all that, then write a great blog post about being flexible in your Empty Nesterhood. About seizing opportunities to just GO. About being in the moment. About how AWESOME it is to do that. 

But.... 

Biggsy was a bit green by the time we got to Ellinger, and greener still the closer we got to the Creek. I'm not sure if it was food poisoning, the Norovirus or payback for being grinchy at some random point, but it was NOT FUN. Not much sleep Friday night, and a quick trip home on Saturday once he recovered enough to travel. 

So much for a GREAT blog post. 

We do have a FUN Empty Nesterhood adventure planned late this week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Empty Nester Shops

Let's Give this Shopping Thing a Whirl!   Let's face it. I'm a bit fluffy. (Although I have to say I've ditched 10 lbs. of f...