Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Welcome to The Empty Nesterhood!


 Last week I read an article about parents who pay big bucks for therapists to guide them into Empty Nesterhood. I get it. It's a whole new world. This season of life is a HUGE transition. You spend all those years making snacks, baking huge batches of cookies for concession stands, and driving carpool to soccer practice -- and all of a sudden those kiddos are GONE. And your house is quiet -- and feels really big. And you're only doing laundry once a week instead of all day, every day. And it's a HUGE adjustment. 

I remember sobbing in the laundry room after we dropped Abbie off at UofR. (If you read my blog, you'll find out my sobbing in the laundry room is kind of a thing.) I remember Biggsy wrapping his arms around me and saying, "I miss her, too," 

And boy, did I miss her. 

And now she's back. (For just a hot minute.)

There's kind of a lot to tell. 

I haven't been here in a long time. (I know. I've said that before.) And I'm not sure anyone else is here anymore. But when I thought about blogging again, I decided to come back here rather than start a new blog. It's kind of like visiting an old friend. Just as life has seasons, I guess a blog can as well. 

So welcome to The Empty Nesterhood. I'm glad you're here.

No comments:

Empty Nester Shops

Let's Give this Shopping Thing a Whirl!   Let's face it. I'm a bit fluffy. (Although I have to say I've ditched 10 lbs. of f...